Did you know?
- Sanofi developed and recently launched the first ever dengue vaccine, a historic milestone for Sanofi and indeed for half the population of the world exposed to it.
- We have partnered with WHO since 2001 to fight neglected tropical diseases, with a $5 million a year contribution including financial support and medicines donations. As part of this partnership, 34 million people have been screened for sleeping sickness and around 200,000 patients have been diagnosed and treated for this disease, which is fatal if left untreated. Since 2001, the number of identified cases has fallen by 89% and we are on the way to eliminating the disease by 2020.
- Sanofi responded to the earthquake in Nepal in April 2015 by providing support for coordination preparations for donations of medicines and vaccines through the Sanofi Espoir Foundation; providing 9,000 doses of our tetanus vaccine by Sanofi Pasteur; and raising nearly €500,000 to support partners in the field. In 2015, more than 25,000 employees volunteered for initiatives in support of children who are sick, underprivileged or disabled.
We have our own charity 'The Association' that supports employee's children
- We have our own charity ‘The Association' that looks to provide support (financial or material) to employees' children who are experiencing difficulties (medical, social or family, teaching or educational).
- In the UK, we raised over £200,000 for the Teenage Cancer Trust between 2012 and 2014, through our “Sanofi Inspires” programme
Our head office in-house catering staff have been given an award for outstanding catering
- Our Head office in-house catering staff have been awarded a local recognition award for outstanding catering.
- Sanofi in the UK has been recognised as a “Top UK Employer” for providing exceptional conditions for employees and developing talent throughout the organisation.
- Our site at Haverhill has two large scale manufacturing plants which manufacture sevelamer hydrochloride and sevelamer carbonate. It is also a major secondary operations facility; providing testing and label and pack operations for Genzyme Rare Disease portfolio and Oncology products, including treatments for Gaucher, Fabry, Pompe and MS Disease. It distributes different enzyme replacement drugs to over 327 different markets.